Listening AACP radios on EuroTruck Simulator 2
One of the most requested (and never attended) features for EuroTruck Simulator community is the possibility of being able to listen to online radio in formats other than mp3. In this short article I will show how to overcome this difficulty, while it not implemented.
To do, we need:
- Understand a little bit of Linux (in theory, it is possible to use Windows with Docker, but I never did).
- Azuracast: https://www.azuracast.com/
- Create a clean Linux installation.
I suggest Ubuntu Desktop, but feel free to try to use other distros.
- Install AzuraCast.
After finish these steps, create a new station (main window, ‘add station’ button)
- Name: as you wish :)
- Uncheck “Enable Downloads on On-Demand Page”
Broadcasting: check that Icecast radio option is checked
- AutoDJ tab: check that Liquidsoap and mp3 format are checked.
Confirm, a new radio is created. :)
Now, configure your fresh created radio to relay the source radio
Select the fresh new created radio to manage
- In the playlist option, manage the default playlist
- In the ‘source’ tab, select the option ‘Remote URL playlist’ and configure with the source radio URL .
Include the mountpoint in the live_streams.sii file to start trucking with your new radio ;)